Monday, October 31, 2016

A Positive Outlook On The Future of Teaching

Hello again! To start off one of my last blog posts, I am going to react to an article that I stumbled upon online. Throughout all of my research on teaching, this article made me walk away feeling content about the state of this profession. The article I read was titled “More People With Higher SAT Scores Are Going Into Teaching, Says Study”, and if that doesn’t get you excited then I don’t know what does.

Most of the articles that I have discussed have had somewhat of a negative connotation to them. However, this article discusses the incline of competition and ability in order to become a teacher. These changes are resulting in a higher prestige in the viewpoint of teachers, especially in the state of New York. Not only has teaching become more competitive, requiring higher SAT scores in order to obtain a teaching degree, but people in New York are viewing the profession at a higher level. This is such great progress to the teaching world because not only is there more people interested in teaching, but now there will be more educated teachers able to teach a much larger range of students in need.

This change is a strong step in the right direction for the world. Our children's/future generation’s educators becoming more educated, therefore resulting in an overall more intelligent world. Who knows what is going to come out of that. We will just have to wait and see what these future adults are going to accomplish. All thanks to their teachers helping them along the way.

-Jenna


Klein, Rebecca. "More People With Higher SAT Scores Are Going Into Teaching, Says Study." The Huffington Post. TheHuffingtonPost.com, n.d. Web. 01 Nov. 2016.

2 comments:

  1. I liked the idea of teachers becoming more educated and reaching out to entice more people to become a teacher and better the world. I think this post was very broad and didn't provide very much information though, I would like more information on this topic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your feedback, I'll take it into consideration!

      Delete