Sunday, September 18, 2016

This is Why I Want to Change the World


In this video, you will see a man with nothing but an urge to help people. He expects nothing in return and in fact, he will do anything to make someone smile. The only thing that gets him down is when someone will not smile and it sends him into a frenzy. He may not be changing the world for everyone, but he is absolutely changing the world, one person at a time. 

This video is what inspires me to want to change the world. I first saw this video in 2012, way back when I was a freshman in high school. It taught me that something as small as a smile or a few words can change someone's day or even their life. I want to make the world a place where everyone can smile and be happy. This is a thought I fear most politicians have lost. 

In today's society, politicians care more about what their party wants, as opposed to what is important to them. This creates a divided system where compromise is ruled out making it impossible to do any kind of real work or make a real difference. Today, there are about 39,000 homeless veterans in the United States. This is because of a flawed Veterans Affairs (VA) system that is supposed to be helping them, however can not function well enough to take care of everyone. In fact, most veterans will never go to the VA because they are not required to and do not want to deal with the system. This is just one of thousands of problems our Country faces that simply cannot be solved because of the way our government functions.

I have always wanted to make a difference in the world, ever since I was a little kid. However, I've come to realize that this goal is impossible for one man or women to do. This video expresses exactly how I plan to change the world. I want to focus on the little things in life, make people smile and most importantly, make an impact on peoples lives. As I said before, you may not be able to change the world for everyone, but you can certainly change the world, one person at a time. 

- Eric


"National Coalition for Homeless Veterans." National Coalition for Homeless Veterans. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Sept. 2016.

TheDoodle1966. "Validation ..Get Your Love Ticket Stamped..the Tide Is Turning." YouTube. YouTube, 2011. Web. 18 Sept. 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment